Saturday, October 10, 2009

Diwali/Deepavali early celebration

Friday evening in uni, they had a early celebration for diwali. The celebration is near the reid library. Harman told us about it and all of us go along, it is interesting to go other race's festival and got to know their culture.


they drew this on the ground


mary in indian constume! pretty =]


mary and me


harman was also in a brown indian top

Yay, we had indian foood.


this cashew thingy which is sweet, kinda nice, it's called burfee I think


indian dance


more people danced along


spoon and lemon game, I played too, but I dropped the lemon at the end =X


mary, harman and me


the indians students of uwa queueing for the food


the fried onion ball thingy and samosa/ curry puff in our terms

We left after about 2 hours there. Not bad, at least I get to eat curry with rice! So long never have curry already, I miss tomyam and spicy curry. Then we walked back using the path along swan river.


There, a group pic
blake, deb, harman, mary and me

No comments: