Sunday, May 16, 2010

Wyalkatchem trip

Saturday early morning I went to wyalkatchem short form wylie for a mentoring program under st georges, it's 3 hours away from perth, a rural place. There is no network at all, and it's uber cold. Basically just spent time with the kids there and have some fun activities. I don't have a mentee and doesn't wish to have one at that point of time and now I regret, but ohwells, what done is done, haha.

First thing after we reached was doing mosaic/gardening. The mosaic's preparations were smashing new tiles and plate. =X and fill the empty big tyre with sand as foundation. After that create a picture with all the broken pieces of tiles. It was rather pretty.

Then we had some ball games and roller skating, I suck at it big time. =( I can't even balance and fell a few times, my back so pain, tsk tsk. The kids are all good in lotsa sports activities, feel so intimidated being a sports dummy.



BIG chess pieces to play


9 months old joey! so cute!! One of the kids' mum keep it as pet


the completed mosaic



me with shoko's big coat and the trial mosaic

Then we walked to wylie recreation centre. Some of them played soccer, I just watch, don't wanna embarrass myself in the field, lol.


the field of the rec centre


eric, shoko and andrew


shoko and me

At night had bbq as dinner


We slept at the rec centre with mats on the floor, it was super ultimately cold that i shivered half of the night and not having proper sleep though I had 4 layers and 1 blanket on me.

Day 2

Don't really have any activities going on, just waiting for the kids to have hockey match in the afternoon.


passing time in the playground


shoko on the fence


kids playing hockey


I like how vast and wide the land is in the outskirts! So much landddd!


On the way back

I was amazed at how a particular super quiet boy who don't dare to speak up smiles when playing rollerskate and other games it was a good sight to see.

I was also amazed that a girl actually helped me up when i fell during roller skate and told me what to do. It was nice of her. :)

The rural area is seriously a dead city, so much land with so little people, and so far from major cities, they really lack of facilities. Nevertheless, it was a really peaceful place if you wanna escape all the hustle in the city.

Bye bye wylie.

No comments: