Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Rottnest Island

A delayed post.

Went to rottnest straight after exams, which is on 18th nov. 5 of us from college depart to rottnest via ferry at fremantle. The so called ferry was an interesting ride, it's considered a boat i guess? The ride was thrilling, enjoyed it the most when it went fast and bumpy. =P We were lucky enough to spot whales on the way to the island, 3 humpback whales!


on the bumpy boat ride with shan


Reaching the island, we rent bikes for a day $28 to ride around the island

Fyi, I'm not a very good biker. =S So I felt super tired going up slopes and some slopes, I just gave up and pushed the bike. It was really tiring as we bike at least maybe 15km? However, the scenery that you see made it all worth it. :)





Little salmon day, i love the clearrrrrr water, it's cold too though it's summer

I just played with water since I can't swim, and there's fishes swimming around too, how serene and beautiful!


lighthouse view; cycling view ( I'm at the back, haha)


up and up the winding stairs, to the peak of the lighthouse


Group: from left andrew, kim, adrian, shan and me

The last ferry back to perth is 4.30pm, so early right? Therefore, we had to cycle back to return the bikes and board on the ferry. Had a quick shower in the public bathroom and off we go.

Dinner at la poretta, italian cuisine.


my salmon pasta; pizza that we all shared

After dinner, we don't feel like going back yet, so we chill at gino's cafe. Munching on cakes and chocolate drink.


shan, cakes and me :D

Totally relaxed day after exams!


No comments: