Thursday, February 24, 2011

Time Is Up! Adios Cleo.

22nd 6pm marked my last working day in Cleo magazine, yays, I survived. I am now free of researching and writing on fashion trends and celebrities styles yada yada, which I am not good at. But it's been a different environment and I would not regret working here too. Now I know how it is like, and at least something interesting before I embark a business-y-corporate-job next time.



the table I've been working at


view from my cubicle @ 8th floor, the crowded Damansara Uptown


Merchandise loans that I need to source and return almost every day

Went to malls literally every day, but usually the same ones, namely Midvalley, Gardens, 1U, Pavilion, Bangsar Village 2, Jalan Telawi boutiques. Been to studios quite a few times, m8 studio, songs studio and 360 studio. One is in kepong while the other 2 are in kota damansara. Cabs expenses are crazy, I spent 100 to 200 every week on cabs only, it made me super broke since I do not get back the claims that fast. Having cab almost every day also allow me to meet different types of drivers, some friendly, some really harsh, but mostly had a nice chat with them.

I had also been questioned many times here by cab drivers and make up artist on my nationality. They thought I'm vietnamese or thai, nooooooo way! I am pureeeee chinese.

Oh and liasing with different brands or suppliers can be a pain, as you have to send emails and later call them if they do not reply you, some they would pass you on and on to the correct personnel, some just kept delaying. Forever 21 in 1 U, that's the worse, she delayed since CNY till now, and always tell me next week this, next week that.

However, I got a nice superior, she's really nice compared to others that I heard from other interns, guess I'm quite lucky in a way.

Fun part: the beauty editor asked me to do a makeover shoot, so yea a second free hairdo and make up session :) but they really took a ugly before photo of mine, when I'm still sleepy, haha, ohwells, they need the effects.


i like the hair, high up bun =D



cynthia and rachel, they are both working under Malaysia women's weekly magazine and are mass comm students, still have florence, bazaar intern and carisse, marketing intern, whom I didn't manage to snap a pic with them

There, a summary of my 1 month internship.

No comments: