Saturday, August 18, 2012

Missing the May Summer

Following the previous post about the south roadtrip in US, I'll continue on the East Coast trip.

Pictures are soooo slow to upload, I'll edit the post next time.

I'll just briefly reminisced the places I've visited. I started off in New York City and slept a night in Queens, not Manhattan. It's the dodgiest place ever! There's totally no whites there, no joke! All hispanic. The following day I followed a 3 day tour to Philadelphia, Washington DC, Niagara Falls, 1000 Islands - Alexandria bay, between Canada and New York.

After the 3-day tour, I solo travelled in NYC and visited those tourist attractions. Wall St, United Nations, Rockefeller, Top of the Rock Observatory, Cruise around Manhattan, 5th Avenue, Times Square etc.

I took a midnight bus to Boston myself and overnight in Boston Bus Station. Yes, I'm on a budget. :P Once the day was bright, I started the Boston trip and navigated around the city either by walking or the hop on hop off bus. 1 day was definitely tooo short! I had no time for MIT and Harvard, biggest disappointment! I was crazy enough as I really hope to at least step into the Harvard compound. At 9ish at night I took a train to Harvard Yard and walked around the town of Cambridge. Sadly the Harvard Business School is far away and dark, I scraped the plan and just lingered in Harvard Yard :(

Got back at probably 11 or 12am, and my cab came at 430am to go Logan Airport for the flight to Atlanta.

Atlanta was once an Olympic Host on 1996. Anyways, I was there for an economics conference. I think I'm like the most un-knowledgeable economics student ever! Everyone there was superbly intellectual, knowing which economist did which research, wrote what book, create what theory. :/

But it was amazing to have stayed in Hyatt Regency hotel, with daily breakfast which cost $18.50 all fully sponsored. Daily lunch and dinner were sponsored too and they were quality meals! 5 luxurious days past by quickly and I didn't even enjoyed most of it due to some sicknesses and problems in eating. Boooo! However, I had the time to visit CNN headquarters, World of Coca Cola, Atlanta downtown and an event - Redbull Soapbox Car Race.

It was 2 weeks of intense travels right after the south roadtrip. I fell really sick afterwards. But to think back now, it is worthwhile :)

To summarise my 5 months in the states, I covered 18 cities. :D

The major places I've  missed are San Francisco, Yosmite National Park, North Dakota and Texas. Not sure when would I have the finances to go US again. :/

I like most of the things there, I miss walmart, I miss my uni, I miss the premium outlets and cheapppp shopping, I miss Disneyworld and I miss the snowflake-shape snow.

No comments: